Step 3: How to Create Placement Application(s)
Placement applications are a request to your clinical coordinator to work with a supervisor for your practicum or internship. Creating a placement application (1) emails an invitation to Supervision Assist for your site supervisor, (2) allows you and your site supervisors to sign required agreement forms required for an application online, and (3) is sent to your clinical coordinator to be approved for your placement site. This is an important process that should be started as soon as possible.
- From the main menu, click Placement then Request Placement.
- In the Assign Training field, select the training for your placement application. (i.e. Practicum or Internship). If your training is not yet listed you may request the training using the button on the left of the page.
- In the Site Name field, you may choose from the list of approved sites, or you may begin entering the name in the field to search for it. If the site does not exist you may add it to be approved using the Add It button that appears below.
- In the next section you may type in the textbox to search for an approved supervisor to work with. You may also add a new supervisor to be approved using the button on the left of the page.
Clicking on the Invite Them button will prompt you with a details page that you will need to fill out regarding the site supervisor's details. After completing the site supervisor's information page, an email will be sent out inviting the site supervisor to create a Supervision Assist account.
- When finished, click Submit.