Step 0: Testing Supervision Assist with your Sandbox
When you first start with Supervision Assist you will be provided a Sandbox environment. This environment will allow you to easily switch and try things out as a Site Supervisor, Faculty Supervisor, and Student.
This guide will walk you through how to access the Sandbox in Supervision Assist.
Navigating your Sandbox Environment
- Check your "Position" by selecting your name on the top of the screen. You will want to be on the position labeled "University Name + Sandbox".
- You may switch between different users and positions with the user switcher on the top of the screen. Each user type is labeled.
FS = Faculty Supervisor
SS = Site Supervisor
T = Trainee
- Once logged in as a user, you can switch back to the coordinator role by selecting the Logout As button
Recommended Items to Test
- Try following the Start Guides with each position. You can see what works and doesn't work for you.
- Test out your Placement Application forms. Follow the trainee guide to creating a placement application
- Did you select a sample user as a site supervisor? Switch to a site supervisor and fill out their forms.
- Curious about the Site Supervisor signup process? Try signing up with a Signup Link in a Private Window. This will allow you to try signing up on another browser without having to log out.
- Test your Activity Log setup as a Student. (Student Activity Log Guide)
- See how easy it is to approve hours as a Supervisor.
- Complete an Evaluation. You can always use the test links we send, but these can be helpful to see how it works in Supervision Assist.
- Create a Live Session. It may be lonely all alone, but you can always try a cloud recording and see how a session turns out.
- Most importantly, have fun and click around! You can try sending tasks, review an evaluation, or even practice uploading a profile pic. :) There is lots to explore.